WMHI-AM 1320
Coleman

Original Call Letters: WHOF

Originally Licensed: Aug 24, 1985

Original City of  License: Coleman

Original Frequency: 1320

Origin of Call Letters:

Original Power: 500 watts daytime

Original Format: Adult Standards

Original Location: 2809 W. Main St. in Leesburg with transmitting facilities near Coleman


Network Affiliation(s):

ABC Information

Owner(s):

1985-WHOF, Inc. (Jim Patrick, Gene Smith and Dr. Larry Lammers)
1986-Larry Lamers
1987-Eric Rutberg
1987-Elvin and Brent Harmond

History of Call Letters and Formats:

WHOF-1985-Adult Standards/Big Bands
WFRK-1986-Oldies
WMHI-1986-Easy Listening
WMHI-1987-Rock/Country   "Country Music With A Kick''
WWLW-1987-Oldies
WFRK-1988-50s, 60s and 70s  "Famous Rock"
WFRK-1989-Silent


Historical Notes On WMHI
1987-Owner Larry Lamers, sold some of the assets of his station to Elvin and Brent Harmond, Tampa broadcasters. The Harmonds paid approximately $100,000 for the tower, license and call letters. The studio was not included in the deal.


Names In WMHI History

Larry Lamers-1986-Owner

Tom Chapman-1987-Sales Manager


What's New
  


Biographies
 


In Memory

Sounds 
AM / FM


Misc.


Links
 


Chronology


What's News?