WNDT-FM 92.5

Original Call Letters: WFJZ  Construction Permit

Originally Licensed:  1996 

Original City of License: Alachua  

Original Frequency: 92.5

Origin of Call Letters: 

Original Power: 3,200 watts

Original Location: 

Original Format: Simulcast of WNDD-FM 95.5

Network Affiliation(s):


1996-Alachua Broadcasting, Inc.
1997-Ocala Broadcasting Corporation, LLC (Group Owner: Dix Communications) ($675,000)
2018-Saga South Communications, LLC

History Of Call Letters and Formats:

WFJZ-1994-Construction Permit
WNDT-1996-Mainstream Rock
WNDT-1999-Classic Hits
WNDT-2001-Classic Rock 

History of WNDT-FM
Thanks to Marc Tyll for this history of WNDT.
Alachua received its first local radio service in 1996 when radio station WNDT-FM 92.5 signed on the air as “WIND-FM” playing a variety of mainstream rock oldies and new rock. The station simulcasts 100% of its programming content from WNDD-FM 95.5 Silver Springs-Ocala. The two stations together originally were known as “Double Rock WIND FM”. The station initially was licensed to Alachua Broadcasting, Inc., owned by Eve Ackerman. Ackerman, a University of Florida graduate, had  previously served as News Anchor, and later News Director, for Gainesville ’s heritage station WGGG-AM 1230. Initially Ackerman had planned to program WNDT-FM 92.5 as a smooth jazz station under the call letters WFJZ. Just before sign-on, Bob Ganzak, owner of Ocala ’s WNDD-FM 95.5 approached Ackerman and proposed simulcasting WNDD’s programming over the 92.5 frequency in Gainesville . The idea was to make the two stations together more competitive with the bigger 100,000 watt FMs in the market by covering the entire Metro Survey Area. Ackerman went for the idea since, under Ganzak’s proposal, Ackerman would have no operating expenses and would be entitled to 80% of all broadcast cash flow. The other 20% would go to Ganzak. Two years later, Ganzak sold 100% of WNDD and his percentage of WNDT to Ocala Broadcasting Corporation, owner of WOGK-FM 93.7. Ackerman also sold her 80% giving Ocala Broadcasting 100% of WNDT along with WNDD. Under Ocala Broadcasting’s ownership, the format changed to Classic Hits, only to revert to Classic Rock a year later as it remains today. A third station, WLQH-FM 107.9 Chiefland, was added in 2000 and the call letters were changed to WNDN to reflect the station as “WIND FM” along with WNDT and WNDD. The three Class “A” stations combined covered 16 counties with Classic Rock from the 60s, 70s and 80s. The new concept changed from “Double Rock WIND FM” to “The WIND FM Network” as it remains today (2008). 

Saga Purchases Four Gainesville/Ocala Stations     10-30-18
Saga Communications, Inc. announced today that it has entered into an agreement to purchase the assets of WOGK-FM 93.7, WNDT-FM 92.5, WNDD-FM 95.5, and WNDN-FM 107.9, from Ocala Broadcasting Corporation, LLC.  All the stations serve the Gainesville-Ocala, Florida radio market.

WNDT Personalities

Kevin "Crash" Davis
-2002-2011-Program Director/Middays-Ocala Broadcasting Corporation, LLC

Hunter-2004-Mornings/2009-Mornings with Richard Dixon/2010-Mornings with Barry Michaels/2014-Program Director-Ocala Broadcasting Corporation, LLC

Richard Dixon-2009-2010
-Mornings with Hunter-Ocala Broadcasting Corporation, LLC  

Barry "The Bear" Michaels-2010-2019-Mornings with Hunter-Ocala Broadcasting Corporation, LLC  

Charlie McGraw-1997-2020-3PM-7PM/Production Director-Ocala Broadcasting Corporation, LLC
When Charlie McGraw is not on the air, he's in the air!       charlie_plane_2014.jpg (121218 bytes)   Click photo for full sized view

The Night Guy-7PM-Midnight

Other Names in WNDT History

Marc Tyll-1997-Sales-Ocala Broadcasting Corporation  Biography

Eve Ackerman-President & General Manager-Alachua Broadcasting, Inc. 

Bob Ganzak-President & General Manager-Hurricane Broadcasting, Inc. 

Craig C. Baggs-General Sales Manager 

Jim Robertson-1998-Vice President/General Manager-Ocala Broadcasting Corporation 

Robert Kassi-Operations Manager/General Sales Manager-Ocala Broadcasting Corporation

Kevin Davis-Program Director-Ocala Broadcasting Corporation 

Bob Kassi-Operations Manager/General Sales Manager-Ocala Broadcasting Corporation

Emily Carey-Business Manager-Ocala Broadcasting Corporation

Cheree Carr-Traffic Manager-Ocala Broadcasting Corporation 

Jessica Maier-Sales

Belinda Zimmerman-Sales

Jeff Barnes-Sales

Scott Evans-Sales

Emilee MacDonald-Sales

Ray Westman-Sales

Diane Guyer-Sales

Maureen Vilak-Sales

Lisa Underhill-Sales

Laura Guajardo-Sales

Tim McGuire-Chief Engineer-Ocala Broadcasting Corporation



What's New


In Memory

AM / FM 



What's News?